Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A romantic weekend for....3?











Yes that is right! Ryan's 32 birthday was the 1st weekend of spring break. We had it all planned out. We were staying at Gloria Estefan's new hotel, Costa de Este http://costadeste.com/. Most of my family lives in Vero, so Santi would spend his first night away from Mommy. He was going to stay with my brother and his wife. Everyone was excited. I had visions of sitting pool side, sipping way too mojitos and staying up way too late. We would not worry about hangover because we could sleep throug them while Santi enjoyed hanging with his favorite Aunt and Uncle. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans.... you baby get sick! Poor guy started running the fever Friday night. So nobody got any rest. We were all tired and cranky on Sat. Ryan and I finally checked into the hotel late on Saturday afternoon. We headed straight for the pool and started sipping those mojitos. But the funny thing is the more sipping I did the more vivid my imagination became. I imagined Santi waking up feeling sick and wanting his Momma. Everyone tried to convince me that he was fine but I was not having it. So I switched to coffee and called and had Santi brought to me 10:30 that night. I was very happy as we all snuggled down in our luxurious bed. I was not so happy when Santi woke up screaming at 3:30 and every 30 minutes until sunrise. The weather was crummy also so I couldn't even get a nice sunrise to photograph. Oh well we still had a good time and I now realize that I am just not ready to let Santi stay the night away....maybe when he is 18 we will try again!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Every sick baby just needs their mommy! Maybe one day you and Ryan will get a nice vacation just the 2 of you!